Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Faint Line

Leave it to "What to Expect When You're Expecting" to set me straight.

In the Chapter titled "Are you Pregnant?" someone asks: "When I took a home pregnancy test, it showed a really faint line. Am I pregnant?"

Answer: "The only way a pregnancy test can give you a positive result is if your body has a detectable level of hCG running through it (or in this case, through your urine). And the only way that your body can have hCG running through it is if you're pregnant. Which means that if your test is showing a line, no matter how faint it is -- you're pregnant."

Hmmm...really?

So, you're saying I didn't have to conduct my own controlled (Blake being the Control) experiment and BEG my husband to pee on a stick? He didn't.

And you're also saying I didn't have to pee on the second stick AND third stick just to be sure? I did.

Thanks! Wished I'd know that BEFORE this had transpired.

No comments:

Post a Comment