Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Working for the Lord

"In all the work you are doing, work the best you can. Work as if you were doing it for the Lord, not for people. Remember that you will receive your reward from the Lord, which he promised to his people. You are serving the Lord Christ." - Colossians 3:23-24

THIS is what has lit a fire in me. THIS is what got me through today with a positive attitude. THIS is what has put everything in perspective.

I know I'm doing the best I can. The Lord knows I'm doing the best I can. I do not need to gain favor here on Earth but as long as I am putting forth effort and doing it for the Lord then that is enough for me. My reward will be in heaven. And things here on Earth do not matter.

Please pray that this experience continues to bring me closer to the Lord. Pray that I continue to walk with Him and He with me. Pray that I am able to keep my eyes upon what truly matters and maintain my sanity.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE that scripture. Amen, sister, it's so true!! We sang the hymn "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" the other day at church and I just cried, it was SO what I needed to hear.

    "Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of Earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace!!"

    I know it's not easy - that's why the Lord surrounds us with fantastic spouses, family and friends to help us through along the way! Love you and praying for you Rach!

    ReplyDelete