Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Been Touring the Bridges of Madison County Long?

Naw, only 4 hours or so.


It was May. It was beautiful. I was working lots. It was a three day weekend. And I was getting stir crazy. So, Blake and I decided to pack up the car with snacks and road trip it to Madison County, Iowa to take a look at the Bridges.


Madison County is absolutely beautiful! I love the rolling hills full of lush, green vegetation and the farm houses that dot the landscape.


The bridges were a marvel in themselves. It's refreshing in a country where old, historical structures are torn down to make way for the next new, bigger and better thing, these are being preserved.


I took many pictures that day as I am a fanatic about documenting life through photos. But this is the picture I love the most. It reminded me of my childhood on the farm.




Can you see the resemblance to this photo prominently displayed in farm houses across Iowa in the 80's?



No comments:

Post a Comment